Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Top 25 Greatest Hip Hop Songs of All Time

Introduction:

First of all I just want to say that this list is for real hip hop fans, not for people who think that “Rappers Delight” is the best rap song ever made. There is a big difference between a good rap song and a historic rap song. Some people make lists that are the top 10 or even the top 100 most “historic” rap songs, they don’t care about what the song actually sounds like, and I think that’s completely ridiculous. This is for all the aspiring rappers, producers and DJ’s who have been really influenced by rap music and are trying to make a living and a career out of it.

Youtube links
25. Das EFX- Real Hip Hop
24. Gangstarr- You Know My Steez
23. Craig Mack- Flava In Your Ear
22. Black Star- Respiration

21. Notorious B.I.G. and Method Man- The What
20. Dead Prez- Hip Hop
19. Geto Boys- G-Code
18. Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers ’95-
17. One Be Lo - Rocketship
16. GZA Liquid Swords
15. Big L - 8 Iz Enuff
14. Rakim - When I Be on the Mic
13. Masta Ace - Da Grind
12. Binary Star - Reality Check
11. A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation
10. NWA - Express Yourself-
9. Common - I used to love H.E.R.
8. Nas - It Aint Hard to Tell
7. Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy
6. Ed O.G. - Sayin Somethin
5. Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Part II
4. Wu Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M.
3. Gang Starr - Full Clip
2. Pete Rock and CL Smooth - They Reminisce Over You
1. Big L - Put it On

1 comment:

  1. may i say that you have one of the best music tastes if anyone i know. props chessley. major props.

    ReplyDelete